Omelette with Herbs and Veggies
also known as a FLAVOR EXPLOSION that will change your life forever.
Eggs in the morning bore me. That’s why I’ve come up with creative ways to make them delicious!! This is one of them. This omelette with fresh herbs and delicious veggies, has SO MUCH flavor you’ll completely forget you are eating eggs. I think this herb and veggie combo is the most flavorful… but feel free to use substitutes! Let me know what you choose and how it works out. 🙂
Optional: Tomato & Cucumber for plate garnish
(you’ll also need 2 Frying Pans)
1. Put a drop of grapeseed oil into the smaller frying pan, so the veggies don’t stick. Grapeseed oil has a higher smoke point than olive oil. This means that at higher temperatures, olive oil loses all the good fats and just turns into bad fats. For grapeseed oil, it can stand much higher temperatures before that happens. And it has no taste! You won’t know the difference. 🙂
2. Chop up the onions into bite size pieces and throw them in the pan.
3. Chop up the mushrooms into bite size pieces and toss them into the pan with the onions.
4. Make sure the pan is on medium heat, or medium low heat. You don’t want them to burn, you want it to simmer together so the flavors blend!
5. Crack open all the eggs and mix them together in a separate bowl.
6. Add some grapeseed oil to the larger pan and make sure it coats the entire bottom.
7. Once the oil has warmed up (it will move around easier, more like water than oil), then pour the eggs into the larger pan! Also have this pan on medium or medium/low heat.
8. Wait for the eggs to cook mostly through. Swish the pan around to get any raw eggs to the outer edges to cook more.
9. Begin chopping up your chives!
10. Pluck the little leaves off the thyme!
11. When the eggs are mostly cooked, add the mushroom and onion mixture.
12. Add the herbs on top of it all.
13. Sprinkle some pepper, and a little bit of salt.
14. Fold the omelette in half, or just fold it the easiest way you can to preserve the beauty of it!
15. Transfer to a plate. I added some freshly sliced tomatoes on top, some remaining herbs, and persian cucumbers on the side to make it all look pretty. 🙂
LOOK AT HOW PRETTY THAT IS.
See how simple? Now taste it.
I know. flavor explosion. You’re welcome.
May he rest in peace. #RIPomelette