Or just pasta + every single vegetable you own.
I absolutely love eating pasta, but I always feel so much guilt about all of the absolutely delicious carbohydrates being consumed. I’ve come up with a solution! PILE ON THE VEGETABLES. Therefore, you are basically just eating a salad right? If you know how to make pasta and cut vegetables, then you can make this dish. If you don’t know how to make pasta, that’s fine, I don’t either. It tells you how to on the side of the box. WOO! Let’s do this.
All you need is a box of pasta, a jar of pasta sauce, and some vegetables. Mix it up with your favorites!
Here’s what I used:
1 box of Spaghetti
1 jar of Trader Joe’s 3 Cheese Vodka Sauce
Cauliflower / Broccoli Mix
Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes (my favorite!)
Chicken – if you want!
1. Make the pasta according to the package instructions.
2. Make all your vegetables bite sized. I sliced the tomatoes in half, I made the cauliflower and broccoli bite sized, and chopped up the onion.
3. Throw all your bite sized vegetables in a pan! Add some grapeseed oil so they don’t stick and burn.
4. Begin grilling the chicken. I seasoned mine with salt and pepper.
5. You can eat all of these vegetables raw, so you aren’t really cooking them much, just warming and softening them in the pan. I usually say they are ready when the onions get translucent, and the broccoli isn’t still extremely crunchy.
6. Add some salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the veggies.
7. Add pasta sauce to the veggies and warm that up too.
8. When the pasta is done, drain it.
9. When the chicken is done, cut into bite size pieces.
10. Put everything in one bowl and toss together!
11. I added some parmesan cheese on top for extra-yum.
YOU DID IT. YOU MADE SALAD. I MEAN PASTA. I MEAN…. YAY IT’S SO DELICIOUS TASTE IT!!!!!!
Here’s proof that I really made the dish above, and I didn’t just order take out from a fancy Italian Restaurant and place it in my own bowl….