Rainbow Salad Concoction
It’s a salad without lettuce, but with every single color of the rainbow.
This is named a Salad Concoction because it’s not really a salad, but it’s not really anything else either. There isn’t lettuce, but there’s a whole lot of delicious vegetables and a salad-like dressing/sauce thing that goes on top. Therefore… we arrive at the title of a “Salad Concoction”. I think it’s fitting. This is such an easy salad to make. The dressing is so simple, and the final result is unbelievably delicious. I’m a firm believer that when you have delicious raw ingredients, you don’t need to add a lot to create something delicious. So grab these things from the store, throw them together, and prepare to taste the Rainbow in your own Salad Concoction. Heh, get it?
SIDE NOTE: A friend of mine said this tastes like a home-made version of the salads at Chipotle. However, I would like to inform you that this recipe is much, much better.
1 can of black beans
1. Begin making the brown rice according to the package instructions.
2. Open the can of black beans, drain, and put in a medium sized bowl.
3. Looking at the beans, defrost an equal amount of corn in the microwave.
4. Chop up the onion. I chop up about half the amount of black beans.
5. Add in the defrosted corn.
6. Slice the cherry tomatoes in halves and add into the mix.
7. Chop up ½ an avocado and add into the mix.
8. Drizzle some olive oil on top.
9. Sprinkle an even layer of pepper on top.
10. Add a dash of salt.
11. Squeeze the juice of one full lime on top.
13. Top off with some feta.
14. Spoon some brown rice onto a plate.
15. Spoon some of your fresh Rainbow Salad Concoction on top of the brown rice.
LOOK AT HOW PRETTY THAT IS. Give it a taste, even though I know you’ve been tasting after each step already. Go ahead, taste the final creation….. Right? Isn’t it amazing?
** This recipe was inspired by this post on pinterest. Variations and additional ingredients have been added!